Main menu

Pages

Carbonara pasta (Italian recipe)


 Carbonara pasta: I love it! I guess we can also say that I like pasta in general, huh? I still remember the day when I learned that we did not put cream in the authentic recipe for spaghetti carbonara (I did not know that).

I admit that since I made them the Italian way, I find it hard to go back to the "French" version. I love cream, but let's be honest: it's much more filling than the recipe I'm sharing with you today! For lovers of the cream-bacon version: no worries. I will post my recipe for French carbonara pasta as soon as possible (a thousand apologies to the purists who will pass by here and who will surely hurt their eyes reading this).

Do not forget that to make your carbonara pasta a success, you must also bet on quality pasta and, above all, do not overcook it. Personally, I like them al dente, like in Italy. I also advise you to use pasta that sticks well to the sauce (it's not for nothing that we use spaghetti when we make a bolognese or carbonara sauce...).

You will need:




  • 400g pasta
  • +3 eggs
  • +3 egg yolks
  • +150 g of guanciale (pancetta or bacon)
  • +120 g of pecorino or parmesan
  • +Salt, pepper

Step 1

Cut the guanciale (pancetta or bacon) into lardoons. Put them in a frying pan and cook them over medium/low heat for a few minutes. The fat should melt and the bacon bits should crisp up slightly. to book.

2nd step

Cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted water according to package instructions.

Step 3

Meanwhile, beat the eggs (whole + egg yolks) in a large bowl and add 2/3 of the grated pecorino or parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.

Step 4

Drain the pasta, keeping 2 to 3 tbsp of the cooking water in a small container (this will make the sauce more fluid later if necessary). Arrange the pasta in the container in which you put the eggs and mix everything quickly until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. If the sauce is not fluid enough, gradually add, 1 tbsp at a time, a little pasta cooking water until the desired consistency is obtained.

Step 5

Then add the guanciale bacon (pancetta or bacon), a little grated pecorino, and adjust the seasoning with salt but especially pepper (you can go, it's the secret of success). Serve right away and... welcome to Italy!

So, Bon Appetite!


Comments

table of contents title